The Physical education program aims to provide all children with the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a range of movement experiences that enhance optimal growth and development.
- Develop confidence and competence in the acquisition of basic motor skills that will enhance participation in a variety of physical activities.
- Attain and maintain a level of fitness that will allow the individual to perform daily tasks with control, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience fun and enjoyment through participation.
- Develop social skills that will enable students to function effectively in interpersonal relationships.
- Develop a positive attitude towards exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
By providing the children with the appropriate knowledge, skills, understanding and motivation they will have the necessary tools to seek health and physical well being through lifelong involvement in physical activity.